→ We are 100% remote during COVID. See details below. ←
Profound Strategy delivers a modern, unique suite of SEO products and services that deliver predictable, reliable, and scalable growth for clients. Our fast-paced, collaborative, tight-knit team is already trusted by some of the world’s largest tech companies, including Atlassian and Adobe.
As the Account Manager, you are the primary point of contact for customers, helping them derive the most value from the programs they have signed up for. Account Managers do not create SEO strategies from a blank page, but rather, they help customers by leveraging Profound Strategy’s proven methodologies, helpful tools, and distinctive practices. We need you to immerse yourself in your client’s business and KPIs in order to guide other staff (editors and technical analysts), build and refine impactful strategies, and maintain excellent relationships with customer contacts.
You will be trained in how to use our content-first SEO approach and proprietary SEO forecasting tools, as well as the fundamentals of SEO Certified Content, the difference between traditional and modern SEO, and more. You will receive access to our modern SEO knowledge base and staff-only handbook with detailed materials on how to deliver successful, high-growth SEO programs.
Account Managers educate customers on our processes and programs, craft meaningful campaigns that align with customer’s goals, and communicate progress using our high-quality tools and dashboards. You are not expected to be a technical SEO expert, but you are expected to understand the basic tenets of SEO and recognize when you need to involve technical expertise from other Profound Strategy team members.
If you have some (or a lot) of SEO experience, have excellent communication skills, and have a passion for digital marketing, we want to hear from you! If you don’t enjoy collaborating and problem-solving in a team environment, then this position may not be for you.
- Build meaningful, long-term relationships with customers.
- Create and maintain multi-month content strategies for and with customers.
- Ensure that high-quality deliverables are completed and delivered on-time.
- In partnership with a project coordinator, plan and lead progress calls with customers and internal meetings with staff.
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with each customer, and keep all stakeholders informed on the impact of past work and the plans for future growth.
- Direct internal resources, including delegating appropriate work to editors, analysts, and coordinators.
- Deliver impactful progress updates and monthly reporting to demonstrate the impact of Profound Strategy’s effort.
- Alongside our team of technical analysts, forecast and track key account metrics.
- Collaborate with managers to ensure appropriate utilization of team members.
- Identify upsell and cross-sell opportunities when they arise, and partner with the sales team to increase clients’ service levels when appropriate.
- Maintain a high client renewal rate by demonstrating the impact of our work and maintaining strong relationships of trust with customers.
- Use Jira and other internal tools to maintain an accurate record of progress and future work.
- Manage a small team of direct reports, setting and tracking their progress toward individual development goals.
- Poised and confident interfacing with high-level marketing leaders (our customers).
- Successful experience creating and executing content marketing campaigns.
- Effective, articulate communication with a wide variety of personalities and job positions (both verbal and written, online and offline).
- Working knowledge of SEO fundamentals, including mid-level or higher grasp of modern SEO industry vernacular.
- Proficient with online communication platforms and project management tools.
- Able to sort through large amounts of details and maintain a big-picture focus, quickly delegating tasks when needed to ensure projects remain on schedule.
- Driven and self-directed in a virtual work environment
- Able to identify actionable next steps from broad strategic objectives.
- A self-starter and problem solver.
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, results-oriented, and able to perform under pressure.
This salaried position is full-time. Salary range begins at $70,000, depending on experience. Profound Strategy also offers PTO, health, vision, dental, 401k, FSA, and other benefits. While the role is primarily remote, periodic in-office days at our Lake Geneva headquarters are required. This includes orientation and training at our office for the first two weeks of employment, and a minimum of 3 in office days per month. Hours are generally 8AM to 5PM.
While the position is primarily remote, the candidate must be within reasonable driving distance (approx. 2 hours) of our headquarters in Lake Geneva, WI. This is because, after COVID, required in-office time a few days per month will resume. This is not an entry-level position.
WE ARE 100% REMOTE during the COVID-19 pandemic. Once Wisconsin and Illinois state health advisories have recommended non-essential businesses to again operate in person, we will consider resuming in-office work days 2-3 times per month at our Lake Geneva, WI location. Although we value our in-person time, we are fortunate to be able to operate remotely as long as needed.
To apply, send your resume to email@example.com