Profound Strategy is a specialized SEO agency working on the leading edge of modern SEO to drive unparalleled results for our clients and partners. Our professional team is trusted by notable technology brands, including Talend and Atlassian, as well as other B2B tech organizations and an exciting variety of forward-thinking clientele. We are a fast-paced, collaborative, tight-knit remote team, and we’re looking for a new rockstar Technical SEO Analyst to support our growing client base.
The right candidate excels at all things technical SEO while maintaining a strategic mindset. He or she is able to not only identify, explain, and execute technical SEO tasks, but also to prioritize work that supports and drives a results-driven overarching strategy.
A Technical SEO Strategist collaborates with others on a daily basis, during regular business hours. This position is remote, although the ideal candidate would be within driving distance of our company headquarters in Lake Geneva, WI. This salaried position is full-time.
Historically, SEO was a technical task. Today and into the future, Profound Strategy recognizes that SEO depends substantially on content marketing fundamentals such as exceptional content, an effective understanding of your audience, the popularity of a website and individual content assets, an overall content strategy, and the ability to convert SEO traffic into new business.
Our company is designed in reaction to these changes in the nature of SEO, and the Technical SEO Analyst plays an important role supporting team members and driving results for clients.
The Technical SEO Analyst position is one of both an analyst and an SEO practitioner. This role is the lynchpin of technical SEO fulfillment, reporting, and strategically informative analysis and recommendations. He or she is able to efficiently analyze technical SEO issues, effectively prioritize insights and ideas, and confidently communicate strategic direction to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Analyze and understand complex SEO issues or needs to produce simple explanations and specific action plans that support the client’s SEO strategy
- Fulfillment of reporting and interpreting data into meaningful analysis that can lead to decisions by our SEO Account Strategists and client-side teams
- Support Account Strategists during reporting presentations by answering technical questions from clients
- Optimize all technical aspects of client websites for maximized indexing and keyword relevance
- Keep pace with SEO, search engine, and internet marketing industry trends and developments and report changes (and subsequent strategy updates) as needed
- Advise, collaborate with, and synthesize feedback from internal teams, to push for technical SEO best practices
- Use a variety of tools to monitor rankings, traffic, conversions, competitors, and link profiles for clients
- Maximize organic traffic growth for clients, ensuring that modern SEO techniques are properly and consistently implemented
- Promote and foster analytical skills for all team members
- Validate data integrity in Google Analytics and other platforms
- Fulfill client Monthly Dashboards & Quarterly Reports
- Fulfill one-off analysis and reporting to inform Strategy and Editorial teams
- Complete Technical SEO Audits
- Setup and configuration of WordPress plugins
- 3 years of technical SEO experience (in-house or agency)
- Extensive experience (and proficiency) with Webmaster Tools and Google Analytics
- Proven ability to investigate issues with Webmaster Tools, analyze changes in organic (and other) traffic to deliver business insights and recommendations.
- Experienced with Google Tag Manager
- Advanced capability with Excel and Google Sheets
- Must be able to develop robust spreadsheet-based tools
- Demonstrated ability to create easy-to-understand and easy-to-replicate reports
- Experience creating and maintaining project schedules using project management systems
- Experience working with back-end SEO elements such as .htaccess, robots.txt, metadata ,and site speed optimization to optimize website performance
- Experience in quantifying marketing impact and SEO performance
- Strong understanding of technical SEO (sitemaps, crawl budget, canonicalization, Schema.org, etc.)
- Proven ability to navigate WordPress, troubleshoot issues, and fulfill technical SEO resolutions within WordPress
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to dig extensively into metrics and analytics
- Effective (efficient and clear) cross-functional communicator
This is a full-time position. Salary ranges from $46,000-$52,000 depending on experience, in addition to PTO and health benefits. It is primarily remote – if near Lake Geneva, WI, periodic in-office work days are required. Working hours are generally 9AM to 5PM.