Are you a wordsmith with a penchant for crafting the perfect headline? Is grammatical pedantry your middle name? Does the excitement of content marketing keep you up at night?
Profound Strategy is a specialized SEO agency trusted by many notable technology brands in the business-to-business (B2B) space. We are a fast-paced, collaborative, tight-knit team, and we’re looking for a new superstar editor with established content marketing skills to support our growing client base.
Modern SEO depends substantially on creative, engaging, and useful online content. The Editor will collaborate with staff and clients to research and conceptualize impactful (and often complex) content marketing concepts, and will coordinate with our team of freelance writers to manage content production through to completion.
The right candidate is comfortable providing direction and feedback to others, and is confident in sharing insights and ideas with internal and external stakeholders throughout the creative process. Even though this is largely a remote position, it requires frequent communication and collaboration with colleagues on a daily basis, as well as occasional in-office days (after COVID).
As an Editor at Profound Strategy, you will engage in the complete content process from strategy and ideation through fulfillment. Primary duties for the Editor position include:
- Commissioning high-quality content drafts from our team of freelancers, including creating outlines, editing drafts to fit client needs, improve readability, and adhere to SEO best practices.
- Conducting deep research into relevant content and keywords, buyer personas and journeys, and competitor sites to inform and support strategic marketing initiatives.
- Working closely with other Profound Strategy team members and clients to create strategic and comprehensive SEO-focused content marketing strategies and tactics.
- Work collaboratively with Profound Strategy staff and clients to build and refine content strategies for each project.
- Perform detailed research into client and competitor site content, keyword targets, and other elements to develop competitive content strategies.
- Handle each step of the content production process for a variety of clients, including extensive research and planning, writer assignment, editorial review, and publication.
- Produce complex content that is of exceptional quality, aligns with the reader’s needs, adheres to client’s voice and branding, and utilizes Profound Strategy’s SEO best practices.
- Manage Content Team writers throughout the content production process and ensure client specifications, quality standards, and deadlines are met.
- Proven writing and editing skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- At least two years of related professional experience.
- Relevant content marketing experience, preferably in-house or in an agency setting.
- Driven and self-directed in a fast-paced virtual work environment.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Able to manage content production for a diverse portfolio of businesses.
- Experience using online tools for project management and communication.
- Experience writing and editing in IT/tech and B2B writing is a huge plus.
- General understanding of SEO is a big plus.
This salaried position is full-time. Salary ranges from $55,000-60,000 depending on experience. Profound Strategy also offers PTO and benefits. While the role is primarily remote, periodic in-office days are required after COVID. Hours are generally 9AM to 5PM.